Health Care & Wellness
Senior Health Care Services in Manchester Center, Vermont
At Equinox Terrace in Manchester Center, Vermont, we are dedicated to assessing the health and senior care needs of each resident on a regular basis in order to create a suitable care plan that addresses personal care, medication management, diet, exercise, and medical care.
Health care services and options are available as needed. They include:
- Nursing care, including post-hospital or post-surgical support.
- Memory Care and Special Care Programs.
- Expert medication management to ensure that residents take medicines as prescribed, as well as coordination of pharmacy services and medication deliveries.
- Coordination of physician services as needed, including scheduling of and provision of transportation to doctor appointments, as well as the option of helpful in-house visits from physicians and care providers with specialties such as primary care, podiatry, and geriatric psychiatry.
- Coordination of rehabilitative therapy services as needed, including the option of regular in-house visits from therapists, or the scheduling of and transportation to other therapy appointments.
- Working with families and hospice care providers to ensure that residents receive any specialized end-of-life care needed to support them.
- The option of one-on-one private duty care as desired.
Our knowledgeable and committed staff of Health Service Directors, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Resident Assistants offers the highest standard of senior care and compassion. And, to ensure prompt response to medical emergencies, rest assured that members of our care staff are trained in both Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the use of our Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Area Medical Care
At Equinox Terrace, high quality medical care is also accessible in town, at area hospitals in Bennington, Rutland and Albany, and at the world-class Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Health & Wellness: An Integrated Approach to Wellbeing
Because research shows benefits for healthful aging, we plan our programs to support wellbeing through an integrated mind-body-spirit approach to health and wellness. In addition to health care, our health and wellness approach combines physical activity, mental stimulation, nutrition, socialization, and spiritual fulfillment as follows:
Physical activity supports heart, muscular and skeletal strength and supplies oxygenated blood to the brain, supporting cognitive health.
Mental stimulation helps develop and maintain cellular connections in the brain and defend against neurodegenerative conditions.
Nutrition is important in combating the effects of aging. For example, foods such as salmon, fish oil and walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that support brain and heart health, while foods like blueberries, broccoli, green tea and chocolate are rich in antioxidants that help defend against cancers and the impact of damaging agents (free radicals) on the brain.
Socialization is very important to keeping people happy and stimulated, which in turn supports health, cognitive function, and even longevity, according to some studies.
Spiritual fulfillment and being part of a community are also shown to help reduce stress and contribute to health, happiness and longevity.
Using these core principals, we seek to promote wellbeing so that each resident experiences a quality of life that makes each day enjoyable.