Dementia, Alzheimer’s & Memory Care in Manchester, VT
At Equinox Terrace, our Special Care Unit, The Garden Wing, provides higher levels of care for residents who need it, such as those with Alzheimer's, dementia, and other forms of memory loss. In a cheerful and garden-like setting, our close-knit family of care providers attends to residents with special needs, ensuring that they benefit from the extra level of care, peace and security that they need. Our experienced personnel conduct an in-depth review of a resident's history and develop an advanced care program tailored to meeting the individual needs of each resident. The dedicated staff members at Equinox Terrace work with our residents and their families to ensure that they are receiving the very best care.
Our plan of special life-enhancing support includes:
- A professional care team devoted to providing 24-hour resident assistance.
- A higher staff-to-resident ratio providing for extra attention to special needs.
- A peaceful environment, using validation techniques and established routines that calm residents.
- Activities chosen to help with stimulating memory and the senses, as well as enjoyment of life.
- Life-skill activities to engage residents in the tasks associated with daily living.
- Personalized programs for stimulating previous interests and promoting well-being.
- Wellness and exercise offerings to foster physical abilities.
- Nutritionally balanced menus catering to resident needs and preferences.
- Secure indoor and outdoor environments to protect residents against risks associated with wandering, while also affording opportunities for supervised access to the property's other amenities as appropriate.
- Ongoing communication between staff, families and residents in order to support the implementation of each resident's individualized care plan.
At Equinox Terrace in Manchester Center, Vermont, we are here to help. Our experience gives us the knowledge and understanding to provide the best care when care is needed most.